Saturday 19 April 2014

Concept Art Part 5

Things just got creepy!
Yes, in these images the design has definitely taken a turn for the darker and more disturbing. Mainly due to the fact that I have been using a lot of references from Dead Space, and one particular image is what inspired the original design. Anyway these were meant to serve as a demonstration of the creatures mouth, and how its head splits open to reveal it. The mouth itself was based on the Gulper Eel, a huge maw that's capable of devouring large prey.

Now I aim to refine this direction a bit more and try to blend it with the more graceful aesthetic of the previous images, as that was kind of the point of the creature. A graceful elegant creature with a hidden, more disturbing, face. Although these concepts have given me ideas for design solutions aswell as successfully giving me a direction for the more creepy aspects to this creature.

I found some new reference going forward, one of which is the Glaucus Atlanticus slug. Its a very beautiful creature and is part of my design reference now aswell for this project.
Also referencing the Fringe Head fish. I do believe they provide some useful solutions for resolving the design of this creature.






No comments:

Post a Comment